Chocolate and orange go together like bread and butter…..Batman and Robin… Coffee and doughnuts…. mmm… doughnuts. Ok back on topic. Chocolate and Orange. These are crunchy cookies with a subtle coconut and orange flavour. They are nice on their own, but dip them in dark chocolate and it really takes it up a notch.
To make these beauties simply cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add the egg and mix well. Add the orange rind, coconut, sifted flour and orange juice and mix gently until combined. Form into a log and cut into 40 equal pieces. Roll pieces into balls and press flat either with your palms or with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes in a 190 degree C oven. Once cooled, half dip in melted dark chocolate and place on baking paper to set.
- 110 grams butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Rind and juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and combine well.
- Add orange rind, coconut, juice and sifted flour. Mix gently and form into a log.
- Cut into 40 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball and flatten with either the palms of your hand or a fork.
- Place on lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, half dip each biscuit in melted dark chocolate.